Issued from the National Weather Forecasting Centre Nadi at 3:28pm on Friday the 13th of April 2012
- A trough of low pressure with associated cloud and rain just to the southwest of Fiji is gradually moving northeastwards and is expected to affect the group from tonight.
- Forecast to midnight tomorrow for the Fiji group:
- Some showers over Viti Levu, Southern Lau group, Kadavu and nearby smaller islands, increasing to rain from tonight.
- Elsewhere fine apart from afternoon or evening showers, rain developing from later tomorrow.
- Isolated thunderstorms with heavy falls expected. Flooding of low lying areas possible.
- Moderate northeast winds.
- Moderate seas.
Outlook for SUNDAY:
Occasional rain, heavy at times and squally thunderstorms. Flooding of low lying areas possible.