Issued from the National Weather Forecasting Centre Nadi at 5:30am on Saturday the 14th of April 2012.
- A trough of low pressure with associated cloud and rain lies slow moving over south-western parts of Fiji.
- Forecast to midnight tonight for the Fiji group:
- Occasional rain, heavy at times and squally thunderstorms Viti Levu, Southern Lau and the Lomaiviti group and Kadavu and nearby smaller islands. Elsewhere some showers, especially in afternoon or evening.
- Flooding of low lying areas possible.
- Moderate northeast to southeast winds, gusty at times. Moderate seas, rough in squalls.
- Outlook for SUNDAY: Occasional rain, heavy at times and squally thunderstorms over most places.