FRCS TD17F SitRep #11
Created: Thu, 2012-05-03 14:14
Last Updated: Thu, 2012-05-03 14:15
- Replenishing Health relief stocks in the West branches
- Health Items distributed based on current needs
- Health promotion with District Health Teams in identified risk areas
Health Assessments and distribution
- Health supplies distributions are continuing in Sigatoka, Nadi, Lautoka and Ba. The National Headquarter teams on the field are supporting these West branches in reaching out to these affected areas
- Priority items based on health team assessment will be hygiene and WASH kits in which more supplies are being supplied to the West branches to continue with their distribution to all households that have been assessed based on their needs.
Health Promotion in Most Affected Areas
- Health Promotion and below are target communities with total number of people reached. Health messages were focused on TB, Leptospirosis, Typhoid and Dengue Fever on risk areas identified by the Western District Health Teams. The distribution of hygiene kits, water containers and purification tablets are continuing where health promotions are conducted. All these activities are coordinated with District Health Officers to avoid duplication of efforts on health promotion messages and relief distribution.
FRCS Health Actions on the ground:
- Streamlining Health messages with District health teams that are put across to the affected population
- Health promotion in villages and continued distribution of the Hygiene and WASH kits
- Attend and make referrals to cases to relevant authorities identified from the field.
OPERATIONS FOR NEXT 24 HOURS
- Packing and Dispatch of relief items to DP Containers from National Office
- Continuation of Distribution on FRCS Health Relief supplies
- Reporting updates from West branches on daily assessments and distribution details
- Continue liaising with partners
- Continue monitoring status and coordinate where necessary.